Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Seagull Cottage chapter 9: A new friend

So, last night a stranger was at the door requesting a room at Seagull Cottage Bed & Breakfast, although Cathrina & Alexander Wooblershield had not yet advertised the place. They were about ready, but still taken a bit by surprise.

This morning they both overslept. Cathrina made breakfast in hurry, and Alexander gathered some fruit to be served on the common room counter. All those details would need some planning. To learn from a guests expectations as well as cover up for any mistakes, Cathrina decided to join Hank Hoonk for breakfast.



Cathrina: Did you sleep well, Mr. Hoonk?

Hank Hoonk: Sure, mam! The seagulls woke me up early though, but that was expected. They used to be like that.

Cathrina: Used to...? This is not your first stay?

Hank: Not at all, I visited several times in the past. The previous owner was an interesting person, for sure, it all suited my project very well.

Cathrina: Project...?

Hank: I'm not only strong as a horse, young woman, I'm also a Unicorn Researcher. Gloria knew some good stories about the Unicorn.



Cathrina: So you knew my great aunt Gloria Moonster?

Hank: Nah... wouldn't say I knew her well, ahem... although you might think she would have run after a man like me. No, it was just for those stories. And besides, I used to have the blue room, now I'd like to switch rooms. The purple is nice, but Gloria always gave me the blue room.

Cathrina: Sorry, it's locked off. We might discuss it again in a couple days, though.



A little later Cathrina and Alex decided to visit town. They hardly saw anything of Galucca yet, and now Cathrina wanted to buy some vegetable seeds and they could try the local food.

Cathrina: This must be Old Town. Nice, but very old...

Alexander: And quite boring, if you ask me. There's not even a castle, just those small towers facing the harbour.

Cathrina: There must be more, Alex. I think there's even a castle somewhere. Let's check out the farmers market over there!



Alexander: Did you say Farmers Market? Looks like a single wagon to me. Maybe there's more inside.

Cathrina: Ah, they got seeds! Shall we start simple, lettuce and tomatoes?



Alexander: At least the food looks decent here at Salamand Bistro.

Cathrina: Hm, Alex, don't turn your head, but the young woman behind you is extremely purple! I never saw a skin like that! I wonder why so many locals look different from the norm elsewhere. Bridgeport hardly had any residents like that!

Alexander: You could ask Emma Hydront. Or our nearest neighbour, Brad Kragger.

Cathrina: At least the woman over there looks pretty normal...



The black haired woman was done eating and walked over to greet them.

Margreta Gripp: Hello, I'm Margreta, I'm new here in Galucca and wonder if you know where I can find the Arts Academy?

Cathrina: Sorry, we are pretty new as well. We still need to check out this town. Are you an artist?

Margreta: No, I'm just interested. I heard the academy exhibits some historical photographs that I'd like to see. Maybe you would like to join me? We could make a visit to the Historical Museum, too, although I already went there once. And I'll show you City, that's where I normally hang out.

Cathrina: That would be great! But can you put it on hold for a couple days? We're starting a bed & breakfast, and today is rather packed.

Magretha: Sure! Here's my number!



When they got back to 4 Moon Trail, Alexander walked outside to repair the old fence, and Cathrina grabbed the chance to read another page of aunt Gloria's old diary, before planting the vegetable garden.

"Ludwig had to go to SimCity for a few days visiting relatives, it gives me time to experiment a little with those old recipes from Black Journal of Magica."


Cathrina: Oh, you are actually doing it, grand auntie?

"I'll need to collect lots of seagull feathers... it says a feather under the sheet will connect the sleeping person to the location... I wonder if I could use that recipe to make lodgers stay longer at Seagull Cottage, too? It would make things so much easier if our guests stay longer."


Cathrina: Hm... shouldn't be hard to find feathers in this area...

The page also revealed some facts on Gloria's old clothes that she had from her mom, Luphelia, and that needed protection. Not that Cathrina understood much of that...



Cathrina planned to build up the old vegetable garden. She knew Gloria grew tomatoes, and in addition she wanted to grow lettuce. Quite useful crops for daily consume, actually. There was just one old plant that didn't look totally dead, but it was hard to tell what kind of plant it was.

A little later Cathrina had a rest on the old garden bench, but then she suddenly heard a sizzling sound right behind her head, and turned.



A snake! Eeeek, would that mean that their neighbour Brad was still feeding his pets in this garden?

Brad Kragger: Ah, you found her! Lizzy, come to dad!



Cathrina: Brad, I told you not to... bring your snakes over here! You are no longer allowed to!

Brad: But Lizzy is again in very hungry... conditions, she needs more food than my other snakes otherwise she will produce a fatal poison instead. So, bringing her here, is a good thing! Old Gloria didn't mind!

Cathrina: I'm not Gloria!

Brad: Oh... no! Lizzy! What happened, they were not due quite yet! Oh...

Cathrina: What?

Brad: Eh... nothing... you are going back inside now, Cathrina, are you? Staying in for the rest of the day?

Cathrina: I guess so. And so will you, Brad! Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment