Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Teeth genetics

Oh, those teeth! I'd like bad teeth to be inherited, at least to one of the sim's kids. And I don't want random ugly teeth on all my in game born kids, but rare occasions would be good.

But I'm not even sure that the TS4 game deals with teeth genetics at all. There was only one way to find out, creating a couple in CAS and then play with genetics.


I gave both dad and mom (top row) special teeth, then they had 6 kids - 3 daughters and 3 sons. If teeth genetics exist, at least one of those 6 kids ought to get abnormal teeth, right?

But no, all 6 of them got perfect teeth, and I'm a tad disappointed. I guess the only way to give my families teeth genetics would be adding this feature to my manual genetics string. I'm not sure whether I want to do that, because the string already holds so much information. Besides, if EA adds just 1 more teeth version, a manual system would need to be tweaked. I might find another way instead.

A simple way could be that oldest son inherites mom's teeth, while oldest daughter inherits dad's teeth. In addition the remaining kids could have a tiny chance to get random teeth, decided with the help of a dice.

Do you add ugly teeth to your sims/kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment